Search this Site
Follow us on Twitter
Follow @BandBassoc

Local taxation for B&Bs: council tax or business rates?

publication date: Jul 7, 2012
View a Printer Friendly version of this page, allowing you to print the page. Send a summary of this page to someone via email.

There is a critical difference to you as the owner, between your property’s being treated as a home, as opposed to its being treated as business premises.   A home will be subject to Council Tax, will be allowed to use normal domestic services (eg refuse collection), and will generally be subject to less monitoring and regulation than business premises, which will pay business rates instead of council tax. In this article, we discuss how the different types of taxation might be applied to your B&B...

Sorry this page is available to subscribers only.
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?

If you are already a subscriber, please login.

If you believe you should be able to view this area then please contact us and we will try to rectify this issue as soon as possible.

To gain access to the members only content click here to subscribe.

You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.